Practical training runs from 9:30 – 16:30
First Aid for Life specialise in paediatric first aid training.
It is a legal requirement for at least one person with a valid full 12-hour paediatric first aid certificate to be available at all times within all professional childcare establishments. This includes cover for sickness and annual leave and to accompany children on trips or excursions. Millie’s Mark requires all staff to be trained in paediatric first aid. To view the EYFS 2021 guidance click here.
First Aid for Life offer the 12-hour Full Paediatric First Aid course as convenient blended learning, with 6 hours online interactive pre-learning (particularly useful for those with English as a foreign language) followed by a 6 hour practical course.
We also offer 2-day practical courses for groups.
Choose the one day (6 hour) practical course to register as a nanny or child carer on the voluntary childcare register.
Our paediatric courses are recognised by Ofsted for the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and fulfil Childcare Registration requirements and the DfES Approved Carers Scheme. This course can be used as evidence for employees working towards the NVQ in Childcare and Education.
Paediatric First Aid Certificates valid for 3 years are awarded on the day.
First Aid for Life have trained thousands of child carers, schools, nurseries, childminders, nannies, au pairs, teachers, parents and childcare professionals.
Latest government guidance on first aid for schools, EYFS framework and Ofsted Childcare Register:
- BJSN Article by Emma Hammett: Fulfilling the first aid requirements in schools
- Statutory Guidance on Supporting Pupils at School with Medical Conditions
- Guidance on First Aid for Schools
- Paediatric First Aid Requirements for Early Years Foundation Stage: Consultation June 2016
- Statutory Framework for Early Years Foundation Stage: Updated April 2017
- Guide to Registration on the Childcare Register: Ofsted Guidance
Emma Hammett regularly contributes to medical journals such as this one – click to read.