I can’t express enough the excitement I feel after yesterday’s training. That was one of the best trainings I have ever had, the content was really interesting and I found every detail valuable. I think I will be able to react whenever something because of the way how you provided the information:
- You went through the cycle multiple times, repeated the most important things,
- We were able to practice a lot on a high quality mannequins,
- At the end of training we had to recap everything we had learned during the day by answering to questions.
I have attended several first aid trainings before but didn’t remember anything of them. This time I feel like something has really stuck in my brain J I went home and told my family I had learned so did a short recap once again. Thank you a lot and hope to meet you here in Riga again!Maija Termane
Our Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) course is fully regulated through Qualsafe Awards, Ofqual and the QCF framework. Our course uniquely covers adult and child First Aid and also includes Heart Attack, Head and Spinal Injury, Asthma, treatment of Anaphylaxis and Acute Allergic Reaction in addition to the full HSE syllabus.
First Aid for Life is an Award Winning fully regulated First Aid Training provider, our trainers are highly experienced medical and emergency services professionals who will tailor the training to your needs and ensure it is relevant for your work.
The EFAW course involves practical and multiple choice assessment and you will receive an externally awarded Ofqual Certificate, valid for 3 years.
This course is suitable for workplaces with up to 50 employees and recommended for larger businesses and those with more complex risks to support personnel with the 3 day First Aid at Work (FAW) qualification.
The one day EFAW is also available as a blended option, enabling you to do 2 hours pre-learning on line and complete the practical element in 4 hours or in an evening.
Our award winning, interactive e-learning can be easily completed in short bursts on any computer or mobile device. It is written in clear English and is ideal for people with English as a second language to help familiarise themselves with the vocabulary on the practical course.
Our scheduled EFAW courses are run on the same day as our full day Paediatric First Aid courses as the syllabus is extremely similar and both cover adult and child First Aid – the course will be tailored to cover your needs and those of the industry in which you work.
- People responsible for First Aid cover for Businesses of up to 50 employees
- Larger or complex risk businesses looking to increase support for qualified FAW staff
- Anyone requiring a regulated First Aid training qualification
- Sports Professionals and Personal Trainers (including Football Association, Rugby, Sailing, Hockey)
- Charities & Local Authorities
- Children & Youth organisations
- Builders & Construction
- Beauty, Retail & Hospitality
- Home Carers, Care Homes & Foster Carers needing a regulated qualification
- Heath professionals
By the end of the course you will have learnt:
- Prioritising injuries and action in an emergency.
- How to provide immediate medical care in an emergency.
- How to assess if someone is unconscious, whether or not they are breathing and how and when to put them into the recovery position or start CPR.
- We will cover common accidents and injuries relevant to your industry and empower you with the skills and confidence to provide an immediate and appropriate first aid response.
- Baby first aid and Child First Aid can be included if required and we will always tailor the course to the requirements of your work.
- Managing an incident
- Priorities of First Aid
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty who is breathing – recovery position
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty who is not breathing – CPR
- Importance of a defibrillator and how to use an AED*
- Heart Attack and Angina*
- Bleeding – grazes, splinters, embedded objects, amputated parts, knocked out teeth, mouth injury, eye injury, bruising, nose bleeds, objects in eyes, ears, nose…
- Burns and scalds
- Head injuries, concussion, compression & skull fracture *
- Spinal injuries*
- Breaks, soft tissue injuries & dislocations *
- Anaphylactic shock and the use of an Epipen – can be added if required
- Fitting and seizures
- First Aid Kits
- The aftermath, accident forms…
* Head and spinal injuries, Heart Attacks, breaks & soft tissue injuries are not included within the HSE First Aid syllabus – but are routinely incorporated into our course
Continuous assessment by trainer, practical assessments to cover wound management, care of an unconscious casualty, CPR and a multiple choice paper.
Ofqual Approved Certification through Qualsafe Awards is valid for 3 years.
If the EFAW course is more than you need, we also offer a shorter Emergency First Aid course that is ideal for anyone needing a basic first aid qualification who would like to know how to help in a variety of medical emergencies.
For group courses: we would be delighted to come and run the one day EFAW, 3 day First Aid at Work (FAW) or 2 day FAW re-qualification courses tailored to your specific needs at a time or place to suit you.
Health and Safety Executive latest guidance on First Aid Training can be viewed on the links below:
- HSE First Aid Guidance – Blended Learning now supported by HSE for First Aid at Work
- First Aid at Work – Employers legal requirements
- Page 33 of the Health and Safety Guidance has a helpful flow chart advising how many FAW and EFAW trained personnel are recommended
- HSE First Aid Guidance – First Aid training providers
In addition to our practical courses, we run Online First Aid courses (through our sister company, www.onlinefirstaid.com where you can learn vital skills and extend your first aid knowledge from your smart phone and mobile devices in your own time.
These are ideal for people with English as a second language (ESOL) as they provide superb pre-learning in a clear and easy manner to enable you to fully understand and pass the regulated practical course. These courses are also ideal for those needing the Appointed Person qualification or as an Annual First Aid Refresher as recommended through the HSE.
An easy solution to provide superb Corporate and Social Responsibility and added value for your employees:
Our online training is an ideal way and easy way to offer health and well-being benefits for your staff. We have 32 different courses covering First Aid for: cyclists, drivers, families, parents, sailing, horse riding and many other hobbies and specific interests. Your staff can access the courses on any computer or mobile device and stop and start as often as they like. We have a unique portal to enable you to access and monitor the courses onto which they have enrolled. Employers and employees both find this an extremely easy and convenient way to make everyone feel valued and cared for within the Company.
First Aid for Life also offer lunchtime First Aid sessions for employees on a wide variety of First Aid topics. These are usually 60 or 90 minutes long and involve demonstrations, practical courses or expert led discussions plus a question and answer session. Previous sessions have involved subjects such as Antenatal – First Aid in preparation for your new baby; First Aid for Children; CPR for adults, babies and children; Sports First Aid; First Aid for Teenagers and Defibrillators (AEDs) what they are and how to use them.
All lunchtime sessions are individually prepared as bespoke training for the individual audience and are taught by our First Aid Experts.
First Aid for Life feature as the First Aid experts in the documentary Director Duties, advising on First Aid legislation in a commercial environment.