The training room is fabulous too – the first time I have experienced it. Hilary Ruttley
This short course is ideal for anyone who would like to know what to do in a medical emergency, and to understand how to provide immediate medical care for a variety of accidents and illnesses.
You will be awarded with an Emergency First Aid Certificate on the day, this certificate is valid for 3 years.
- Parents & Grandparents
- Children & Teenagers
- Nannies & Au Pairs who do not need to be Ofsted registered – if you need Ofsted registration please visit our PAEDIATRIC COURSE page.
- Teachers & school staff
- Staff from Charities & Local Authorities
- Staff working with Children & in Youth organisations
- Home Carers, Care Homes & Foster Carers
- Sports Clubs & Organisations requiring Basic First Aid
- Sports professionals needing a basic First Aid qualification – should you need a regulated qualification please visit our EFAW COURSE page.
- Heath professionals
By the end of the course you will have learnt:
- Assess and treat an unconscious casualty
- How to put and adult, baby or child into the Recovery Position
- How to perform CPR on an adult, child and baby
- How to help someone suffering a Heart Attack
- How and when to use a defibrillator (AED)
- How to help someone choking, drowning, or suffering from a head injury
- How to treat someone bleeding or suffering from burns
- How to recognise and treat seizures and febrile convulsions
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of septicaemia and meningitis
- Understand the priorities in an emergency and when to call an ambulance
- Action planning in an emergency
- Treatment of an unconscious breathing casualty (Recovery Position)
- Resuscitation in adults, babies and children (CPR)
- Choking & Drowning
- What to put into your First aid kit
- Bleeding – minor and major
- Head injuries – concussion & compression
- Seizures & Febrile convulsions
Our experienced trainers will use questions and scenarios to assess your understanding and skills throughout the course.
Your Emergency First Aid certificate will be awarded on the day, and is valid for 3 years.