This First Aid for Health Professionals course fulfils the requirements of the GDC for verifiable CPD – click here for details
This First Aid for Health Professionals course also fulfils the requirement for the General Pharmaceutical Council verifiable CPD – click here to view
- Communication and casualty care.
- Managing an incident and prioritising injuries.
- Looking after yourself and the casualty.
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty including the recovery position.
- Adult resuscitation.
- Safe use of an AED.
- Treatment of choking in adults and children.
- Treatment of severe bleeding and chest pains.
- Anaphylactic shock and the safe administration of an Autoinjector.
- Choking, fitting, asthma and breathing problems and drug and Oxygen administration will also be included if required
The AED certificate requires annual renewal, Basic Life Support and CPD certificates valid for 3 years.