We will always tailor the course to your requirements and will add elements that are specific to your caring situation, such as our First Aid for Carers course with a family dealing with Parkinsons which focused on the signs and symptons of the condition.
We will always tailor the course to your requirements so we would love to hear from you if there is anything you would particularly like to focus on.
- Action in an emergency
- Unconscious breathing casualty (Recovery position)
- Unconscious not breathing casualty (CPR)
- Heart attack
- Choking and Drowning
- First Aid kits
- Bleeding – minor and major
- Fractures and soft tissue injuries (strains and sprains)
- Burns and scalds
- Falls – including Head and Spinal injuries
- Heat and cold extremes – including Hypothermia
- Treating Shock
We can add topics such as Anaphylaxis and practical use of auto-injectors, Asthma and Angina management if required.
If you have a larger group (13+) or specific caring needs to focus on we allow 4-6 hours teaching time to ensure the time and space for the whole group to benefit from the essential practical scenarios.
Certificate valid for 3 years awarded on the day.