Paediatric First Aid Full Ofsted Syllabus I really cannot recommend the course highly enough, I would urge anyone who has or looks after a child to come and see you and your team and learn the skills that could downscale a potential tragedy into something that is simply unpleasant but manageable.
Active First Aid is suitable for; adventure holidays, Duke of Edinburgh expeditions, GAP year students and adrenaline junkies.
This Active First Aid course deals with accidents and illnesses and how to manage them when people are in unfamiliar territory or further away from help. It is ideal for Gap Year, Adventurous holidays, Extreme sports, Duke of Edinburgh, World Challenge…
This course is for anyone who wants to know what action to take when treating adults or young people who have had an accident, or become ill, when further away from immediate help.
The course covers emergency life support procedures for adults and young people as well as commonly occurring injuries and illnesses and advice as to how to manage them if help is not immediately available. We are also very happy to research intended destinations and adapt the course to cover health hazards associated with particular activities or destinations.
- Action at an emergency – priorities of treatment
- Care of the adult or child who is unconscious but breathing – Recovery position
- Care of the adult who is unconscious and not breathing – CPR (differences between adult, baby & child CPR)
- Care of a casualty with a possible spinal injury
- Heart Attack and angina
- Treatment for choking
- Treatment of bleeding, grazes, embedded objects, teeth knocked out, nose bleeds, amputated parts, eye injuries…
- Treatment of various bites and stings
- Treatment of fainting, head injuries, chest pains and stroke
- Recognition and treatment of shock including allergic reaction
- Head injuries – skull fracture, compression and concussion
- Asthma, diabetes, meningitis, epilepsy and other seizures
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries – breaks, sprains, strains and dislocations
Approx. 3 hours.
Continuous assessment by trainer. Certificate valid for 3 years.
Tailor your course:
We can customise every course to fit your needs. From the course content through to location such as coming directly to you.
First Aid for Life is featured on SKY News discussing life-saving actions if a child is choking…