Latest Early Years Guidance First Aid
Being confident to give prompt and appropriate first aid following a medical emergency is an extremely important skill and particularly vital for anyone with responsibility for other people’s children. The importance of this knowledge in a childcare setting has been highlighted by a number of high profile incidents that have sadly resulted in the preventable death of a child.
New legislation from the Department of Education requires all newly qualified level two and three child carers to have either an emergency paediatric first aid or full paediatric first aid certificate. To view the new legislation please click here The new legislation comes into effect from the 3rd April 2017.
It remains a legal requirement for at least one person with a valid full 12-hour paediatric first aid certificate to be available at all times within a professional child care establishment. This includes cover for sickness and annual leave and to accompany children on trips or excursions.
First Aid for Life offer this 12-hour course as a convenient blended learning, with 6 hours online pre-learning, followed by 6 hours in the classroom. We also offer an option of 2-day practical courses for groups.
Our paediatric courses are recognised by Ofsted for the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and fulfil Childcare Registration requirements. The paediatric first aid courses have been carefully designed for people caring for children in any setting; equipping you with vital skills to attend to most common first aid emergencies.
First Aid for Life paediatric first aid training:
- Includes adult, baby and child first aid to equip you with skills to help staff, parents and children.
- Covers AED/defibrillator training, emergency life support, as well as anaphylaxis, head injuries and asthma and the full Ofsted syllabus.
- Is multi-award winning training tailored to your needs and the needs of the children you care for.
- Is taught by highly experienced medical, health and emergency services professionals.
- Certificates are valid for 3 years and are awarded on the day.
All our training is in line with the latest guidance from the Department of Education and Ofsted.
- Our one day Emergency Paediatric First Aid course covers the full syllabus specified by Ofsted for child carers and is a full day course for nannies, newly qualified staff and those registering on the voluntary register.
- Our full 12 hour Blended Full Paediatric First Aid course covers the full syllabus over 12 hours – 6 hours online pre-learning followed by 6 hours in the classroom. (We also offer a 2 day practical option for groups.) This course is for anyone registering on the compulsory Ofsted register, complying with the latest EYFS guidance.
The online element of our training is delivered through our sister company www.onlinefirstaid.com and is award-winning, interactive online training, compatible with all computers and mobiles devices. The course consists of videos, step-by-step directions, infographics and pictures, with test yourself sections throughout. You are able to stop and start as often as you like and will retain continuous access for a full year.
- Scheduled courses are held at our lovely bright training room in Balham SW12. We are less than 5 minutes’ from the station with easy access via the Northern line and mainline rail. There is free parking at weekends.
- Group courses are held throughout the UK.
- Courses are in small groups of up to 12 people. Certificates are valid for 3 years and awarded on the day.
For more information or help, please visit our website http://firstaidforlife.org.uk/first-aid-courses/paediatric-first-aid-full-ofsted-syllabus/