First Aid for Life is an Award Winning fully regulated First Aid Training provider, our trainers are highly experienced medical and emergency services professionals who will tailor the training to your needs.
The General Dental Council (GDC) recommends that all dentists and dental care professionals carry out verifiable Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in three core recommended subjects. First Aid for Life courses can directly contribute to the 10 hours per CPD cycle required for medical emergencies, at the same time as fulfilling the recommendations from the Resuscitation Council (UK).
We offer specific courses designed for Dental Professionals, delivered over a 3 hour period that cover: Emergency Life Support (ELS), Recovery position, Anaphylaxis and acute allergic reaction as well as training on the importance and use of an AED (Automated External Defibrillator).
We will check through your emergency drugs and cover commonly occurring dental emergencies such as: fainting, fitting, anaphylaxis and hypoglycaemia. The course will be highly practical using adult and child mannequins and it will be informative, educational and fun.
First Aid for Dental Professionals (ELS for verifiable CPD): Content
- Action at an emergency – priorities of treatment
- Care of the unconscious breathing casualty
- Practical session on the recovery position
- Care of the unconscious casualty who is not breathing – CPR
- Differences between adult and child CPR
- Practical CPR session using manikins
- Heart attacks and cardiac arrest
- Chain of survival and why defibrillators can save lives
- How to use a defibrillator safely
- Practical AED session with the manikins
- Choking – theory and practical
- Other medical emergencies such as hypoglycaemia, fitting, Syncope and panic attacks
- Anaphylactic shock and the use of an auto-injector
We would be delighted to come and run a bespoke group First Aid course tailored to your requirements. Please let us know what you need.