Our First Aid at Work (FAW) courses are fully regulated through Qualsafe Awards, Ofqual, Training Qualifications UK and the QCF framework. Our course uniquely covers Adult and Child First Aid in addition to the full HSE syllabus.
First Aid for Life is an Award Winning fully regulated First Aid Training provider, our trainers are highly experienced medical and emergency services professionals who will tailor the training to your needs and ensure it is relevant for the industry in which you work.
All of our FAW courses involve practical and multiple choice assessments and you will receive an externally awarded Ofqual Certificate, valid for 3 years.
This course is suitable for all workplaces and recommended for larger businesses and those with more complex risks. Learn more about the HSE Requirements for your workplace.
In line with the HSE bulletin (June 2016) we are able to offer this as a blended course fully regulated by Training Qualifications UK.
Blended FAW – 6 hours flexible pre-learning online + 2 days practical course at our venue or yours – offering you enhanced training whilst saving you time and money.
Our award winning, interactive e-learning can be easily completed in short bursts on any computer or mobile device.
This means that 3 day First Aiders and 2 day re-qualifications can now undertake their training on the same 2 days which will save you time and money and mean more of your staff can undergo group learning at the same time. Once your team has completed the 6 hours pre-learning online, we can come to your workplace and run the 2 practical days, or alternatively you can send individuals to join one of our scheduled courses.
- Anyone responsible for First Aid cover for Businesses with more than 50 employees
- Larger or complex risk businesses require 1 FAW trained person for every 50 employees
- Anyone requiring a regulated First Aid training qualification
- Sports Professionals and Personal Trainers (including Football Association, Rugby, Sailing, Hockey)
- Charities & Local Authorities
- Children & Youth organisations
- Builders & Construction
- Beauty, Retail & Hospitality
- Home Carers, Care Homes & Foster Carers needing a regulated qualification
- Health professionals
Every course is tailored to the needs of those attending – please let us know if there are particular areas you need us to cover.
By the end of the course you will have learnt:
- Prioritising injuries and action in an emergency.
- How to provide immediate medical care in an emergency.
- How to assess if someone is unconscious, whether or not they are breathing and how and when to put them into the recovery position or start CPR.
- We will cover common accidents and injuries relevant to your industry and empower you with the skills and confidence to provide an immediate and appropriate first aid response.
- Baby first aid and Child First Aid can be included if required and we will always tailor the course to the requirements of your work.
- Managing an incident
- Priorities of First Aid
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty who is breathing – recovery position
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty who is not breathing – CPR
- Importance of a defibrillator and how to use an AED
- Heart Attack and Angina
- Bleeding – grazes, splinters, embedded objects, amputated parts, knocked out teeth, mouth injury, eye injury, bruising, nose bleeds, objects in eyes, ears, nose…
- Burns and scalds
- Head injuries, concussion, compression & skull fracture
- Spinal injuries
- Breaks, soft tissue injuries & dislocations
- Anaphylactic shock and the use of an Epipen – can be added if required
- Asthma and Diabetes
- Fitting and seizures
- First Aid Kits
- The aftermath, accident forms…
* Child First Aid can be incorporated into our courses in addition to the full HSE First Aid syllabus and any other relevant areas you would like us to cover.
Blended FAW – 6 hours pre-learning online + 2 days practical course at our venue or yours
Online test-yourself quiz and printed certificate to confirm pre-learning. Continuous assessment by trainer with practical assessments to cover wound management, care of an unconscious casualty, CPR and a multiple choice paper.
Ofqual Approved Certification through Training Qualifications UK and is valid for 3 years.
3 days Practical course at your venue
Continuous assessment by trainer, practical assessments to cover wound management, care of an unconscious casualty, CPR and a multiple choice paper.
Ofqual Approved Certification is valid for 3 years.
Health and Safety Executive latest guidance on First Aid Training can be viewed on the links below:
- First Aid at Work – Employers legal requirements
- Page 33 of the Health and Safety Guidance has a helpful flow chart advising how many FAW and EFAW trained personnel are recommended
- HSE First Aid Guidance – First Aid training providers
First Aid for Life feature as the First Aid experts in the documentary Director Duties, advising on First Aid legislation in a commercial environment.