The training was first rate: instantly memorable, spot on in terms of need to know, interesting and very congenial. There is a gulf between your provision and other training I took before I discovered you: I am a very willing repeat customer! It is also intelligent, time-efficient and yet always accessible if there is a further question. Please pass on how much I enjoyed the morning and how it really has boosted my confidence.
The training room is fabulous too – the first time I have experienced it.Hilary Ruttley
First Aid for Life is an Award Winning fully regulated First Aid Training provider, our trainers are highly experienced medical and emergency services professionals who will tailor the training to your needs.
This short course is ideal for anyone who would like to know what to do in a medical emergency, and to understand how to provide immediate medical care for a variety of accidents and illnesses.
You will be awarded with an Emergency First Aid Certificate on the day, this certificate is valid for 3 years.
- Parents & Grandparents
- Children & Teenagers
- Nannies & Au Pairs who do not need to be Ofsted registered – if you need Ofsted registration please visit our PAEDIATRIC COURSE page.
- Teachers & school staff
- Staff from Charities & Local Authorities
- Staff working with Children & in Youth organisations
- Home Carers, Care Homes & Foster Carers
- Sports Clubs & Organisations requiring Basic First Aid
- Sports professionals needing a basic First Aid qualification – should you need a regulated qualification please visit our EFAW COURSE page.
- Heath professionals
Every course is tailored to the needs of those attending – please let us know if there are particular areas you need us to cover.
By the end of the course you will have learnt:
- Assess and treat an unconscious casualty
- How to put and adult, baby or child into the Recovery Position
- How to perform CPR on an adult, child and baby
- How to help someone suffering a Heart Attack
- How and when to use a defibrillator (AED)
- How to help someone choking, drowning, or suffering from a head injury
- How to treat someone bleeding or suffering from burns
- How to recognise and treat seizures and febrile convulsions
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of septicaemia and meningitis
- Understand the priorities in an emergency and when to call an ambulance
- Action planning in an emergency
- Treatment of an unconscious breathing casualty (Recovery Position)
- Resuscitation in adults, babies and children (CPR)
- Choking & Drowning
- What to put into your First aid kit
- Bleeding – minor and major
- Head injuries – concussion & compression
- Seizures & Febrile convulsions
Our experienced trainers will use questions and scenarios to assess your understanding and skills throughout the course.
Your Emergency First Aid certificate will be awarded on the day, and is valid for 3 years.
Weekend Emergency First Aid courses:
Weekday Emergency First Aid Courses:
The teacher was very friendly and reassuring and explained each emergency situation and the relevant first aid solution very clearly and logically. The atmosphere in the room was relaxed and welcoming. I would highly recommend ‘First Aid for Life’ courses.Anouke Bokkerink